Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's so Nice...I want to color the same picture twice.

I
Ink Drawing...


Blue Octopus print

Purple Octopus

These are available as prints in my etsy store for $12.50 each. You may notice that they are VERY similar. The way I made these prints was by doning the origional drawing and printing copy's out on marker paper. Then I colored them. I really like how they turned out. (the prints are NOT done on my home printer.)

I also did this heart, becuase I was not sure If I wanted it left black and white or if I wanted to color it.


I am wanting to make appliques with Iron on transfers out of this, and put them on arm warmers, shirts and things.

5 comments:

Tessa said...

I thought I'd like one coloring better than the other but they're both awesome ;) Nice work!

Living said...

The octopuses are really nice!
I wanted to reply to what you said on my blog... you said "I hope my daughter likes girly things when she gets a little older. I miss playing with dolls."

I hope so too, it's really fun to play things like that with a daughter.

However, for dollhouse miniatures, you don't need to have a daughter as an excuse! Most miniaturists don't do it for their daughters, they do it for themselves. :) So you can 'play' (or create) dollhouses until you're 104 years old if you want to. It's an adult hobby. :)

Unknown said...

Those are so adorable! I always hate it when I draw something, color it in and enjoyed it while it was black and white... :\

Pink Dandy Chatter said...

I always love to get a glimpse of artists work rooms...that's where the creativity begins. BTW-Your octopuses are amazing!

http://pinkdandychatter.blogspot.com

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Love the octopus art! Beautiful colors on both.